If you’ve been wondering about the benefits of prenatal chiropractic care, you aren’t alone! According to recent studies more than 35 million receive care from chiropractors each year, with 60% of patients being female.
The chiropractic industry is currently valued at over $19.5 billion, and chiropractors continue expand the number of services they provide for patients. This includes care for pregnant women.
Before we get straight into the benefits of pregnant chiropractic, let’s address some common questions and concerns that you may have.
Table of Contents
Common Questions Asked About Prenatal Chiropractic Care:
- Is It Safe To See A Chiropractor While Pregnant?
Yes! In fact, many chiropractors now offer specialized care plans for pregnant women. We here at ADIO take pride knowing that we provide professional and personalized prenatal care for women year round!
If you would like to schedule an appointment for prenatal chiropractic care, contact us today!
- Are There Differences Between Regular Chiropractic Care Vs. Prenatal Care?
There are a number of differences between regular chiropractic care and prenatal chiropractic care.
Some of those differences include:
- The table is adjusted to accommodate your belly.
- Rather than use standard adjustment techniques that put pressure on the stomach, a chiropractor will use techniques that apply pressure in in other areas for the adjustment.
- Because pregnant women feel pressure in areas that may be less common, a chiropractor can focus on relieving tension, and restore balance. (This is particularly useful for women who are far along in pregnancy)
If you’d like to learn more about these differences, you can read more at our “Prenatal Care” page, or contact us today with any questions!
- Any Questions I Should Ask My Chiropractor During Pregnancy?
Some pertinent questions include but are not limited to:
- Are there any areas that I should be getting adjustment more regularly than others? (If you are experiencing discomfort in your legs, you may need more frequent adjustments because of the pressure from your stomach)
- How long should I wait before getting an adjustment after giving birth?
- Does the chiropractor prescribe any kinds of stretching or self-care routines for pregnant women?
What Are The Key Benefits Of Prenatal Chiropractic Care?
There are innumerable benefits for prenatal chiropractic care. Here’s a few of the most impactful benefits women can receive:
- Pelvic and spinal alignment. (It is reported that women have had a 25% shorter labor time and less labor issues because the baby could pass through the birth canal easier)
- Less pain in key areas like joints, neck, lower back, mid back, and upper back. (You can also get adjustments for specific areas like your legs, which can prove highly beneficial for the knees and ankles)
- Faster postpartum healing & recovery can be improved by seeing a prenatal chiropractor. Ask your chiropractor when they recommend making an appointment while pregnant.
With millions of women in the US regularly seeing a chiropractor for prenatal care, it has now become widely known how beneficial it can be to be adjusted before, during and after pregnancy.
Want to get started? Call us today for a consultation!